Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures and Privacy/Film Industry/Susan Sontag, too!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:38:37 -0800

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> This is an issue I've had since the 70's with the academic and art
> world, with their bounders constantly straying into photography's arena.
> I don't take well to their effrontery and verbal vomiteria.
> As far as Sontag saying anything meaningful about the craft, history can
> decide that. I don't see her as anything more than a tabloid writer,
> i.e. magazine, etc., masquerading as a thinker and intellectual. But
> then that is the bane within our period of modernity. With mass
> communication, comes the petty intellectual, not too dissimilar from its
> counterpart in the petty bourgeoisie from an earlier era.
> Slobodan Dimitrov

I had the same opinion until I read her book. Hardly a page goes by that
does not turn your head around, prick up your ears, raise your eyebrows,
and wiggle your nose.
This women is a true intellect if you ask me.

woof

A friend of mine was a tabloid writer. That sat around a round table and
who ever thought of the most ridiculous thing to write about got 500 dollars!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography

Website: http://www.rabinergroup.com