Subject: Re: [Leica] A chance to compare yourself to Magnum
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:28:43 -0800

Tina

Now I had gotten street photos in Paris when riots were real riots!
During the Algerian riots in 1959 and 1960.  Gendarmes beating
people with clubs and weighted capes. Skulls broken open!  Blood
running in the gutters. (literally!).  I was using Kodachrome and got
it all in living (or dead) color.

I have never seen more vicious actions by both sides (actually three
sides, police, Algerians and pied-noirs, the French who wanted to
stay in Algeria).

Jerry