Subject: Re: [Leica] Look at my PICTURES @#$@##it!!!
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:13:27 -0800

On 2/18/03 Mark Rabiner  wrote:

>Are you keeping track of "hits."
>
>I was thinking about that about an hour ago. How do we know how good our
>site is? But the number of hits?
>
>No because they could all be looking at it for 5 seconds and moving on.
>We need to know how long they stayed on the site and that would be an
>indication of how good the site is I would think. I was thinking this in
>response to that guy who was mad at us for not liking his site. I think
>"It's what's up front that counts!"

I think for most posters, Mark, it's not the number of hits but the number of
comments.

An image posted that results in no comments falls into an abyss and is perceived
as being unseen, or worse, unworthy of comment, even though the web log reveals
that hundreds of folks browsed the image.

Kyle doesn't want for lack of comment either, of course, he's a personality here
with a distinct viewership.

Adam