Subject: Re: [Leica] Where are E39 filters for 50 2.0
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:09:39 -0800

At 1:04 AM -0600 2/18/03, David Degner wrote:
>Some questions for anyone who found filters in the past.  I need a
>magenta filter for my latest 50 summicron.  It says that it uses an
>E39.  Can I use a normal 39 filter?  Where can I get one of
>these(B&H only has them on special order, no local stores have them)?
>
>David Degner

What magenta? 30M, 20M, 50M? For flourescents with slide film, I
presume, but what kind of flourescents, and what kind of slide film?
Some flourescents need a combination of magenta and blue CC filters.
A colour meter is really necessary to get the right combo without a
lot of trial and error.

Heliopan has a huge variety in their catalog, but most have to be
special ordered as no store stocks them all. Even Heliopan doesn't
stock everything, but will make them up as required. If it is for a
special, ongoing purpose, this might be worthwhile, but for general
use gel filters from Lee might be a better investment, or instead of
transparency film use of a four-layer Fuji negative film, or digital.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com