Subject: Re: [Leica] My Photography Website
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:16:07 -0500

Marko
I had no problem in IE 6 in viewing the images. However after looking at about 1/3 of them, I quit. They do take long to load, even on a high speed connection.
I found most of the ones I did look at rather lacking in contrast, I have a ratty monitor at work, but the one at home is very bright. Possibly a problem with the gamma you have used.
The main problem I had with the majority of the images I viewed is that they didn't seem to be telling me anything about why you took them. You have titled the galleries, but the only way I knew San Francisco was about San Francisco was the one image with SF on the newspaper box.
There are a number of street scenes that seem to be shot from too far away, and the impact is just not there, at least for me. The people shots have a few I liked, the music shots all seem so static.
Now that we have hashed the frames/flash/loading to death, hopefully some others will offer their critique of the images, but I think some editing is in order, to show us your best.
Noel