Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Special Anti-War Protest edition Leica M7
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:44:59 -0500

At 03:27 PM 2/16/03 -0500, bdcolen wrote:
>Uh, I don't think so, Marc -The latest NYT-CBS poll found that while 2/3
>of Americans do, indeed, support going to war in Iraq at some point, 59
>percent support giving inspections more time.

BD

It is a refrreshing reality that you are not involved in politics!  Look
CLOSELY at how the questions are worded and the response group.  A poll,
like this, with a loosely-worded query and simply open to all tells us
little.  Look more carefully at the polls restricted to those who identify
themselves at having voted at three of the past five general elections, or
the like.  Politicians really don't care a lot about folks who don't vote,
but are VERY persuaded by that Probable Voter.

(And there are other skews in poll results that it takes some experience to
discover, as well, but the politicians know them all ... )

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!