Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Special Anti-War Protest edition Leica M7
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:25:17 -0500

Oh come on, Austin - having spent covered literally every major Vietnam
protest in Washington, D.C., from the spring of 1967 to the end of the
war, and having covered every annual anti-abortion march in D.C. from
1970 to 1979, I would suggest that it's preposterous to suggest that the
cops inflate the numbers - for "job security" or any other reason. First
off, there are usually enough people at any major protest to more than
insure that the cops get their riot gear, special training, and OT paid
for. Second off, the agenda of the cops - when it comes to handling
demonstrations - is to do what their employers, those in power, tell
them to do.

B. D.