Subject: RE: [Leica] Film Scanners
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:30:38 -0000

Kelly

I am scanning on my Canon D2400 up to 5" x 4" and find it very good. They
have a new scanner just launched which they say will scan a sheet of 24 35mm
slides as one sheet and therefore should do up to 10" x 8" at least I would
think. This is what I have read so far:

"Canon has launched a new flagship flatbed scanner. The CanoScan 9900F is
the manufacturer's first to feature an optical resolution of 3200x6400
dpi, and uses Canon's latest automated correction firmware. Described by
the company as its 'best quality, highest performance flatbed scanner
yet', the ?300 device also features a large film adapter unit, capable
of scanning 24 unmounted 35mm frames in one pass."

Could be very interesting.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com