Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Scanners
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:14:34 -0600

I'm using the Epson 2200 and scanning with the CanoScan 4000 35mm film
scanner. I found the FARE(Canon's dust and scratch removal) to be a sharper
program than ICE. No need for the unsharp mask with FARE.

On Microtek/Polariod scanners:

The Microtek 4000tf comes with SilverFast 6.0 where the Polaroid comes with
5.0. The Microtek was my choice for a 4000dpi film scanner until I got a
like new CanoScan for a great deal.

The problem with DMAX is that all the companies stretch the truth.

Canon is under $1000.
Nikon is still over $1400 w/rebates
Microtek is $1100 or less.

Canon is slower than Nikon, but worth every extra second.

In March, Epson will have the 3200 flatbed for North America.

Chris
New Orleans