Subject: Re: [Leica] States' Rights and Racism HOME SCHOOLING -
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:43:18 -0800

Steve Unsworth wrote:

> Maybe, just maybe, teaching a child is like open heart surgery - anyone can
> have a go, but some are more successful than others. One group we call
> surgeons, the others we call teachers but both groups have skills that the
> average person doesn't possess. Of course there will be exceptions but I
> find your message distasteful in it's denigration of a dedicated profession.
> Or did I miss a smiley?
>
> Steve

I think the highest paid job in the country by far should be a grade
school or high school teacher. Maybe college as well.
This is the most important job there is and our future of course depends
on it.
Each teacher could and should be a positive role model and inspiration
to their students. Half of them are small minded dolts.

I think the vice presidents of the major companies should be envious of
the teachers salaries which would be twice theirs.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography

Website: http://www.rabinergroup.com