Subject: Re: [Leica] Black or Chrome?
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:00:08 -0800

John

ALL of those references are devoted to which finish is sexier,
not to which will last longer without showing the pot metal
underneath. Or which finish will attract enemy gunfire most.

Have any of you newbies seen a brass bodied Leica which
was originally finished in black enamel/ paint and used for a
few years?

BTW, Have any of you Leicaphiles use Matte Armorall on
vulcanite finished Leica bodies?

Also, the "sleeve'' on all Leica bodies under the vulcanite has
always been an aluminium alloy.

Jerry