Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica celebrity news - slightly OT
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:33:13 -0800

firkin wrote:

> Mark Rabiner writes:
>
> > Tomasz Krowicki wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear LUGers,
> >>
> >> In a Polish celebrity mag "Na zywo" (Live), (which of course belongs to
> >> my wife ;-)), I spotted Pierce Brosnan, aka James Bond, photographing
> >> his son on a beach in Malibu, using a black M7.
> >>
> >> Could he be familiarizing himself with the camera before the next
> >> episode, in which Bond will get an M7 one from Q to use on his next
> >> mission ..?
> >>
> >> Is this cool or what ?
> >>
> >> Tomasz
> >

> > Yes but he was using a specially MODIFIED M7!
>
> Water proof, sand proof, maybe, or is this the way LEica will be announcing
> the DIGITAL M ;-)
> Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

I suspect Q would have come up with a few more exotic highly high tech
and functional gizmo's than THAT, Alastair!

A built in communication system so every time he takes a picture it is
instantly sent by satellite (love those shots of the satellites) to M
where they are analyzed using every technological advance they've
invented, lip readers, psychologists and Hopi Indians, plus quite a few
they haven't yet.

Laser beams that shoot out and disables Smersh optical systems!

It floats and has inflatable life rafts in case 007 finds himself in the
middle of the ocean with nothing much to photograph.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography

Website: http://www.rabinergroup.com