Subject: Re: [Leica] Moderately OT: Scanner or Digital Camera?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:26:40 -0800

Mark -

All of the jobs I've had for the last few months were done digitally.  Most
of the clients requested digital files, but others were willing to accept
either and digital was so much easier that I used it.  Nothing I've sold
for the last 6 months required film.  I've supplied film for several jobs
because that's what I had, but digital would have been acceptable and much
preferred from my point of view.

I'm still waiting for Leica to come out with a professional digital camera,
but in the meantime, I'm using the Digilux.  I've digitized (by scanning)
about 10% of my film files and am working on the rest.  It is much easier
to send a digital file by e-mail than it is to send a dupe or original by
FedEx or USPS and wait to see if it got there or is held up somewhere being
irradiated or left on a porch in the rain.

Tina

At 04:04 PM 2/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't know if getting a Nikon digital body and taking my Nikon lenses
>out of the attic would make a less humiliating approach to full digital me.
>I did read that only the very latest this year Nikon digital cameras can
>be used with older Nikon lenses. Like AI or AIs. Of which I'm
>particularly fond. But not fond as compared to Leica and Zeiss but they
>do bring back fond memories when I had seven bucks in my back pocket and
>that was it. No money for Hypo.
>

>Mark Rabiner
>Portland, Oregon USA
>Photography