Subject: Re: [Leica] dry mounting Epson 2200 prints
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 12:04:37 -0800

At 03:59 PM 2/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone had experience dry mounting an Epson 2200 pigment ink color
>print using a hot Seal press?  Am I  better off just using a precut mat
>with archival tape to hlld the print in place?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Richard

Richard -

The word on the Digital Fine Arts list is that you can do this but it is
much better to use linen tape.  If you are going to dry mount your inkjet
prints, you should let them dry or "season" for several days before dry
mounting them and use the color dry mount paper that seals at a lower
temperature.

They stay flat fine with linen tape so I don't dry mount mine.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: