Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:05:23 -0500

> I also realize this situation may not please you Austin. Though I am
> not responsible, I none the less wish to extend my heartfelt
> apologies... :-)
>
> John Collier

John,

Actually, it's exactly as I expected, except for the Passport.  The Leica
warranty IS valid, for subsequent purchasers of Leica gear for the duration
of the original warranty.  No problem.  Passport MAY not technically be
warranty, and therefore isn't subject to warranty regulations.

I'm fine with that, as I'll never buy a Passport "warranty".  Now, how can
they claim it's not a warranty when it's called a warranty?  Hum.

Austin