Subject: RE: [Leica] RE:Ebay
From: "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:55:53 -0700

Austin--

With all due respect, I don't believe a "cupcake" could have managed to make
Ebay a success. It ain't so easy to run a business (ever tried?), and the
business model that Ebay has developed is quite different from what its
original founder envisioned, or practiced. And that model, one of providing
information (and that is what Ebay does), is what has allowed it to grow and
be successful. I believe Ms. Meg Whitman was the driving force behind that
very successful part of the plan.

Anyway, I was trying to make a point with a spot of humor. The LUG seems to
be very male-oriented and focused, if not a bit on the sexist side at times
(not that I care, really, as it such stuff is more a reflection of, and
damaging to the author of said posts than to the audience), and could use a
little dose of diversity, so it seems.

And pul-eez! Even if you don't like Bill Gates, I think it would be a far
stretch to say that a cupcake could run Microsoft, or run Ebay. Good lord,
man, give people credit for the considerable intelligence they have! You may
not like them, but give 'em credit! <grin>

Kit