Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 5
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:16:56 -0000

From: "Nathan Wajsman" <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 03 February 2003 20:41

> Graham,
>
> As usual, beautiful light, and a great catch with the person and animal
> in the patch of sun in the distance, but something about the picture
> still bothers me. I know you held the camera level (I can see it from
> the tree on the left), but I cannot help feeling that the whole scene
> just is falling down toward the right...
>
> Nathan
>
> GeeBee wrote:
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/05_2003.html

Nathan,
Thank you for your comments. I see what you mean. The fall off to the right
is a natural feature of the landscape. I liked the way the sun threw the
contours into sharp relief, level land and dawn will do it but I prefer
afternoon with a slope :-) I shot the version below with the 35mm Summicron
but the shadows of the headstones do little or nothing to halt the slide to
the right and the overall luminosity of the 90mm** Summicron shot seems to
have been diminished by the re-framing and/or lens change.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/fav_23.html

Gallery Index:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/misc.html

- --Graham

**Erroneously described as 35mm Summicron in original post.

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 5)