Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 5 "Protected" Xtol process
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:35:32 -0500

Mark,
I use a small tank with Xtol (made with distilled water, stock solution
stored in an air tight container with all the air eliminated, in my case one
of the accordion tanks purchased at a camera store.) diluted 1/3 using
filtered water.  I use 100ml stock per 36 exposure roll but others on this
list(Mark Rabiner) use approximately 67ml.

Time is 17.5 minutes at 68F/20C.  At this point I depart from standard
practice.  I use continuous agitation for the first minute then ten seconds
every two minutes.  After the development step I use a water stop for two
minutes, no agitation after removing the air bells.

The remainder of the process is normal, fix, rinse, rinse aid, wash,
photoflo, dry.

This procedure provides very long scale negatives that don't block up.
Therefore I can pull information over a eight stop range maybe nine.
Getting all the information to the print is the hard part.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 5 "Protected" Xtol process)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 5 "Protected" Xtol process)