Subject: [Leica] A Sad Anniversary
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:33:42 -0500

Friends,
    February 10th marks the 32nd year since, a helicopter containing, Larry
Burrows, of LIFE, Kent Potter of UPI, Henri Huet of the AP, and Keisaburo
Shimamoto of Newsweek went down over Laos, killing all four.
    That day, while the world lost four of the finest photojournalists to
ever carry a camera, I lost two dear friends.
    Kent Potter started his job at UPI in Philadelphia within weeks of me
starting at the Philadelphia Evening & Sunday Bulletin. We were within six
months of each other in age.
    Larry Burrows, the legendary LIFE photographer, I only met once. His
compassion, understanding and gentle manner stay with me to this day. He
was, no IS, what we all should be in photojournalism.
    In any event, the reason for this post is to alert everyone, to a
excellent story on Larry on the February Digital Journalist (
www.digitaljournalist.org ) and to let you know a new book about the loss of
this four gentlemen will be coming out in March called "Lost Over Laos" by
Richard Pyle, an Horst Faas.
    It is well  worth reading. I assume you all know about the new Larry
Burrows book, "Karry Burrows- Vietnam."
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.