Subject: RE: [Leica] For folks in the American southwest
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:20:39 -0500

Between sunrise and sunset.  Really, there is no bad time to visit
Monument Valley, I have been there in all seasons and always find it new
and refreshing.  Just tarrying for a day in the Kayenta area will expose
you to a multitude of photographic visions.

Monument Valley is one of many spectacular places to photograph in the
Southwest, some others, such as the Grand Canyon, are very well known.
Others, such as Canyon de Chelly, Chaco Canyon, and the Hatch Valley are
more obscure but equally fascinating.  I used to live in Zuni, New
Mexico, and found exciting photographic venues everywhere.  What is most
striking about the American Southwest is the rapid changes in light that
occur throughout the day.

I would be happy to discuss Southwestern photography off-list with
anyone who wishes to indulge my idiosyncrasies (don't shoot the natives)
and highly opinionated views (New Mexico is a far better photographic
venue than Arizona).

	Buzz Hausner