Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 4: Alsace's Route du Vin
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:18:30 +0100

Alsace is my favourite part of France, mainly because the food is a
combination of French quality and German quantity, but also because of
the excellent white wines (I drink the reds there mainly to be polite to
the locals) and the beautiful towns. To top it off, the heart of the
Alsace wine region is only 170-180 km from Zurich, making it an easy day
trip to go wine shopping.

Here is a view along the Route du Vin, a wonderful and picturesque road
which winds its way through the wine towns of Alsace. This shot is
somewhere between Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr; I think that the town whose
church is visible in the background is Bergheim:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_4.jpg
(VC Bessa R2, 35mm Summilux ASPH, Ilford SFX developed in Ilfotec DD-X 1+4)

The alternate is the view from Ht.-Koeningsbourg, a castle on a
mountaintop (really more like a hill by Swiss standards) overlooking the
Alsatian plain. The view from the castle itself is not very good, but
there are a couple of nice lookout points along the way to the top, such
as this one:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_4alt1.jpg
(same as main picture except that the lens is the 50mm Summilux)

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2003.htm

and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland