Subject: Re: [Leica] Zeiss lens cleaner
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:23:51 -0500

I'd be very interested in finding out what is inlcuded with the lens
cleaning kit.  I have a microfiber cleaning cloth that was given to
me when I purchased a Zeiss Gradal progressive lens for my
glasses.  I suspect you will get a cleaning cloth and a small bottle
of surfactant cleaner.  Alcohol works very well as a cleaner and
degreaser for anti-relfective coated lenses.  Just don't pour it onto
the lens.  I've heard some horor stories where people literally pour
so much cleaner onto the front element that it runs down the sides.

Richard

Richard Clompus

> From: Biogon44@aol.com
> Date: 2003/01/30 Thu PM 07:32:40 EST
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] Zeiss lens cleaner
>
> I was on the Carl Zeiss Germany web site recently and found out
that they have a lens cleaning set for sale that is highly
recommended by Zeiss.  It is about U.S. $27.00 and is available
from a retailer in Wuppertal, Germany.  I am awaiting my item; it
should be arriving any day now.