Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW--Week 4--Santa Cruz Boardwalk
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:01:39 -0500

Kim, I think you have found a very promising location and activity to shoot.
http://www.vonseidl.net/patchouli/KMVSPAWweek4.html

But as BD would say, without the title and/or explanation we would not know
what is going on.  So, somehow, you will need to include more of the person
blowing the bubbles while still showing the "Nocti" glowing balls.  This may
have to be more of a set up shot or you will have to gain the trust of the
persons blowing the bubbles.

To overcome the bright lights behind your subject you will either have to
shoot from the lighted side for fill or provide some kind of fill from the
dark side.  Fill flash would be easy but not really artistic and screams
"taking pictures here".  It is possible that with the Noct. you could have a
large friend wearing white stand so there is some fill which would let you
get more detail in the faces.  Any possibility of using car lights or a
flashlight?

As usual with this sort of comment, let your personal artistic desire lead
you and if the above is not at all where you wanted to go then the delete
key works real well.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com