Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] "The 50-Year Summicron" Leica commemorative Summicron-M 50mm f/2
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:03:24 -0800 (PST)

Ahhhh but if the only meaning of meaningless collectors items is keeping Leica alive...I am all for them. Besudes, the green cameras look sort of cool....and because Leica is still alive there is a Cosina and there is my Green R2 (thanks Stephen)  Mark

> Kit McChesney wrote on behalf of Leica USA:

> "I am very pleased to announce the introduction of the M 50mm f/2.0 50
> Year
> Summicron. [...] The anniversary version of the LEICA SUMMICRON-M 50mm
> f/2.0 comes in an
> exclusive box with an embossed print of the technical detail of the
> lens and
> is supplied with a clip-on type metal hood in the classic design, a
> protection against stray light as well as possible mechanical damage.
> The
> lens is delivered with a metal lens cap with an embossing of the Leica
> logo;
> also included is a plastic lens cap as well, also embossed with the
> Leica
> logo."

Whoopie.  Another meaningless collectors item from Leica.

M. (who's looking forward to whatever Cosina might present at the PMA)