Subject: RE: [Leica] Moderately OT: Scanner or Digital Camera?
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:57:14 -0500

At 04:34 PM 1/29/2003, you wrote:
>There's another option, Martin, and that's to go for the lower end of
>the digital camera list...this Xmas I got my wife a cheap Olympus
>digital P&S - 3x digital zoom - the camera itself was selling for less
>than $160, and with a 128 mg card was about $230....They claim it can
>produce decent prints up to 4x6...It can certainly turn out images for
>the web, and it has a stunningly good fill-flash setup -especially
>considering the price...
>
>If you're just looking to have fun and send photos over the net - that's
>the way to do it - and do it on the cheap. :-)

I'll second this - bought a little 2 mp Pentax for doinkin' around, taking
pet photos for my wife, etc etc.  Plenty strong enough for web use...

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

In dog years, I'm dead.