Subject: [Leica] RE: Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? -
From: "Paul Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:12:02 -0500

Hi All
I think the problem is the power of the flashes we
use, it can be distracting if they're not used to it. One preacher told me
he felt photography is not 'religious' only
God and man should witness the wedding.

I also done weddings where the preacher didn't want ANY pictures during his
time in the wedding. I done two things, I gone into the balcony and shot
w/R4 (funny thing was, the audience had Polaroids and he did not complain!)
I also ran back down sat in second row, next to a Polaroid user - and used
my Ms he said nothing.

Next wedding, different church, similar preacher shyness (what's with these
guys?! I wouldn't use these clowns if I can't have my wedding pics taken!! -
rant off)

I had the maintenance guy turn lights to highest settings and I was able to
shoot with Ms and he didn't notice; later the church admin thanked me;
saying I'm the first guy who didn't complain about her preacher's wishes and
she'll pass my name to her members!  I also wear a suit to these things and
from experience, try to 'meld in' with the family, often I'll sit with
someone who got those loud snappers and get my shots if needed.

I must admit, one wedding the two preachers were real showmen, allowed me to
actually get behind them and using a 17mm Tamron on R4, got a shot of them
and the wedding couple and their family all in one frame! I loved those
guys! wish there were more like them! (there are a few; but they are all on
the Christian Tele Network! ;-)
<paul>

- ---