Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast lens.
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:03:07 -0500

rotate your camera clockwise so your right arm isn't flapping in
the wind (as i recall some lugger describing it). now it's the
lower left quadrant being occluded.

BTW, the late-model 35 lux hoods do have a cutout in the
appropriate corner.

- -rei

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 07:35:52AM -0800, Henry Ting wrote:
> Thankyou all. I'm gonna get one. However, if the
> rectangular hood is anything like my 35mm cron
> (without the cutout), then the first thing I'll do is
> replace it. I hate the square hood without the cutout.
> Shooting the landscape format is ok, but for portrait
> format, the square hood just blocks out the right top
> corner too much to my liking. Maybe its a mental
> thing, but a blocking a chunk of the top right-hand
> corner while framing, to me is a visual eye-sore.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Message from Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com> (RE: [Leica] Fast lens.)