Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - Talk amongst yourselves...:-)
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:27:18 -0800

At 12:30 PM -0600 1/28/03, SonC \(Sonny Carter\) wrote:
>Henning sez:
>>>Digital (non-SLR) cameras don't have to make any noise, and many
>>>don't. In fact, some allow you to set an option of making a 'click'
>>>or not when you take a picture. As long as you leave the flash off,
>>>they are the least attention-getting.
>
>Yah, the Digi Olympus E-20 has a sound effect that sounds like an slr
>mirror slap, it can be turned off, but whew how weird is that?
>
>Sonny

Yes, weird. Does it have the motor drive sound as well when doing
continuous shooting???

Personally, I like some kind of feedback most of the time, especially
when there is serious shutter lag. I have a little Canon Digital
Elph, which has a very discreet click and some lights that blink when
it finally decides that it has waited long enough. Good to know when
you've missed another picture.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design