Subject: RE: [Leica] Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - What are your quietest cameras?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:21:29 -0500

But the problem here is that you've put together that list of cameras
assuming that the most important criterion is lack of noise. None of
those cameras, other than perhaps the Canon and the Rollei 35, is
vaguely comparable in terms of features and usefulness under different
photographic circumstances. Do you need 2 1/4, or 35? Do you need
interchangeable lenses, or will fixed lens do? Do you have a hand-held
meter, or do you want a built in? Do you need to use a focusable wide
angle?  I don't want to use a Mamyia 7 when what I need is an M6. And
this really gets to my point - silence is not, except under very special
circumstances, as much of an issue as we think it is, and it is
certainly less of an issue than the things I've mentioned above....