Subject: RE: [Leica] Series 7 filters?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:07:09 -0800

At 6:38 PM -0700 1/26/03, Tim Atherton wrote:
>  > Harrison and Harrison in California makes a complete range of Series
>>  filters and adapters, in all sizes, for remarkly low prices.
>>
>>  Marc
>
>  Any idea of a good stockist Marc?
>--

I don't know about the present run of Harrison and Harrison filters -
and I certainly hope that they have renovated their production line,
but once in the 70's when I was looking for some series filters, I
looked at about 20 of their filters in a shop here in Vancouver. All
had surfaces that weren't parallel (this is fairly easy to check with
the uncoated or single coated filters). This was probably the poorest
batch of filters I have run across.

Most companies produce series filters that can be special ordered;
few are stocked now. Tiffen and Hoya are the best candidates for cost
effective series filters. I have a set from Tiffen of CR-1.5, CR-3,
CR-6 and CR-12 filters, along with the corresponding CB's in series
8. They made the 3,6 and 12 (x2) sets in a little leather case in
various series sizes, which seem to show up at swap meets regularly
for $5 or so for the set of 6.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design