Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Fire and Ice
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:56:04 +1100

>Hi Alastair:
>
>Worse than the reverse. I've been following the news out of Australia,
>reminds me of the west coast fires that we have from time to time...
>only much worse.

Thanks Jim, yes I too remember some of your fires of recent years. I
certainly "dips me lid" to those who risk their lives fighting to
save life and property. We are far from the danger here in Ballarat,
but even here the smoke has blown over and dulled the sky. Its been
going now since Christmas, and won't really be put to rest till be
have some rain, and at the moment, we are in the worst drought for
many a decade: no good rains for 6 years in many places.

Nature can be harsh.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin