Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Week 3 - Gary Marklund
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:22:27 -0800

Gary Marklund wrote:

> My PAW for Week 3 has been posted. An abstract view of a sculpture in
> an
> abandoned development project in Phoenix. Your critique and comments
> will be
> appreciated. Thank you for looking.
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/marklund/image-38592.html

It's interesting, but it's too abstract.  In my view, there's nothing
for the eye to settle on, except white expanses at peculiar angles to
each other.  I don't wish to be rude, but it look a little like the
shots you get at a beginning of a roll of film as you're winding it on
to the first frame.

I think you need a focal point -- since the geometry of the picture
doesn't hold it together enough.  Week 1 works because of the relative
geometry of the building, arch, and shadow.  Week 3 lacks those
elements.

M.