Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 ...
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:54:25 -0800

On 1/22/03 Doug Lee  wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I posted awhile ago that Allen's Camera in Levittown, PA had Epson 2200s in
>stock. I know a couple of you placed orders. Hope you are enjoying them. I
>stopped in yesterday and they have even more in stock if anyone else is
>interested.

Mine arrived last evening (UPS was running rather late). It is unpacked but not
connected yet this morning.

>I asked how they were able to get so many when I see posts on several
>message boards about how hard these are to come by. Apparently, when Epson
>first started shipping them Allen's couldn't get any and he had a customer
>who wanted one and wanted to buy it from Allen's, not another store. Well,
>by the time Allen had chewed out several Epson reps he ended up on the phone
>with the president of Epson. Well, he now has no problem getting shipments
>of 2200s. I counted 20 in the store yesterday.

They were sure quick to ship and noted, as I talked on the phone, that people in
California (like me) seem to be their biggest customers!

>BTW, I am not affiliated with Allen's nor do I receive any commission for
>hawking the 2200s. Well, I do get the occassional cup of coffee, but I would
>get that based on all the dollars I have spent there for myself. (-:

Oh SURE - that's what you say here! I distinctly hear "Put another 2200 up on
Doug's column in the back room" while I was waiting on the phone.

Grin.

They gave good service although I'm sure the are glum this week because of the
Eagles demise in the playoffs.

Thanks for the recommendation, Doug.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <doug.lee8@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] Epson 2200 ...)