Subject: Re: [Leica] Strangers #27 #28
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:04:55 -0000

From: "Christer Almqvist" <chris@almqvist.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 22 January 2003 08:35

>  > > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/richard.html
>  >
>>  Ah!  What a welcome break from politics and nude tourism!
>>
>  > M.

I do have a problem with this picture, and that is that there is
absolutely no relationship between the subject and the photographer
as far as the viewer can see. And there is no graphic element to make
up for it. It is all grey in grey. OK, life may be like that, but why
put pictures of it on the net?

I mean we had a PAW from a guy in Poland the other day, showing a lot
of legs in white and black stockings. Surely there was not any
(evident) relationship with the subject there either, but the picture
was still strongly conveyed a feeling for the atmosphere. Here is the
URL if you want to see what I mean and compare the pictures

http://www.git.home.pl/photogalleries/index.php?g=01&p=2&frpg=1&f=#pic

Chris

Hi Christer,
Your observation is a valid one. I did mention in an earlier post that this
guy wouldn't even look at the camera and he resisted my attempt to get him
to do something meaningful. The strangers project is to make me approach and
photograph people and on that level it was successful  but in pursuit of the
finishing line (36 pics) I lost sight of the fact that the photograph sucks.
Thank you for pointing it out.

- --Graham

Replies: Reply from "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Strangers #27 #28)
Message from "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Strangers #27 #28)