Subject: RE: [Leica] M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:03:08 -0500

Hi Jerry,

I believe the M motor's operation has to do with the way it tells that the
shot has been fired.  I THINK it keeps a little tension on the drive
mechanism, and when the shutter releases, the tension is then "decreased"
(probably entirely removed, save friction), and the motor senses that and
winds a prescribed "distance", which seems to be precisely 360...  I wonder
if it has enough of a delay for the slow shutter speeds.  I'll see what the
manual for it says.

Regards,

Austin