Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: New/Old Tri-X?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:40:41 -0800

Andrew Wells wrote:

> What is the difference between the new and old Tri-X formulations people
> are talking about...?
>
> Andrew Wells
> San Francisco
>
> --

All Tri X is divided into three parts:

The scratch-resistant coating of hard gelatin to the North  (room always
for Jello)

The backing, a dye coating that prevents light passing through the film
from reflecting off the camera's film pressure plate back onto the
emulsion; to the South

In between, the suspension, who call themselves emulsion. Plus an
Adhesive a layer of glue-like gelatin to adhere the emulsion to its
base. A strong but flexible cellulose acetate to support all the other layers.

I didn't know; there's something French about Tri X! I always thought that.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography

Web Sight: http://www.rabinergroup.com