Subject: Re: [Leica] Strangers #27 #28
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:15:48 -0000

From: "Noel Charchuk" <nhcharch@netscape.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 21 January 2003 22:35

Interesting Graham, am I correct in assuming these hedges are layed in order
to build a fence. Never saw that in Scotland when I lived there, they found
plenty of rocks to enclose fields. They were great for the sheet metal on
cars when the roads got icy. The layed hedges look more forgiving.

>> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/nikki.html
>>
>> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/richard.html
>>

>As a footnote to the above, for anyone unfamiliar with hedge laying, the
>results can be seen here:
>
>http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/previews.html
>
>--Graham

Hi Noel,
England, or at least my part of it,  is still very much a country of
hedgerows and after laying and weaving they continue to grow and provide an
impenetrable barrier. Some hedges are hundreds of years old and experts can
date them by what is growing in them. As you move north they are replaced by
the dry stone walls that you mentioned. Given the choice I would rather
crash into a hedge :-)
- --Graham

- --Graham