Subject: RE: [Leica] Loose Top Plate on M7
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:59:30 -0600

Yes, there was a small black screw. I did not check to see if the screw was
tight, but it was flush with the lens mounting ring.

This makes me wonder then if the top plate was removed for any reason after
it left the factory.

That would explain how it passed inspection at Solms.

Too bad this screw is not sealed anymore like it used to be. That would be
conclusive proof.

Tom Henson