Subject: Re: [Leica] Real War
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:48:14 -0500

Specific comparison of recent indicators is here.

	http://www.statcan.ca/english/Pgdb/econ70.htm

Canadians in general are not hurting anywhere near as much as Americans
(and I take no satisfaction from that whatsoever).  I talk a lot to
both bankers (my relatives) and taxi drivers (my ride to work) and both
are full of misery tales from their friends, coworkers and relatives
south of the border. The economy here has certainly dipped but business
and consumer confidence is actually reasonably high considering the
shaky state of global geopolitics.

JB