Subject: Re: [Leica] The safecracker
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:51:47 -0600

BD sez:
> I thought maybe that was it, Sonny- but for someone simply looking at
> the photo, there is no hint that that's a safe, or that he's trying to
> get into it. Not trying to be difficult here...:-)

I know you are not.  That's why I tried to identify it in the email with the
terms demolition and two-foot walls and placing it in the foreground.  I
have some other shots of him actually attacking the walls, but I liked his
resigned look, and pose almost like a train engineer.  It does require some
setting up.  Many of my shots do, because often what happens in them is
totally foreign to outsiders.

In this case, the safe, or vault, if you will, would not be recognizable
from any angle without some setup.  Maybe the title is a herring, but it
does describe the guy, and I still like the shot.

Maybe use some arrows like they in Dick Tracy?

Sonny