Subject: RE: [Leica] Re; Flying with a Rapid Winder
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:27:09 -0500

> You are imagining problems where there are none.
> It is a non-issue.

Sal,

That's nice that it's a "non-issue" for YOU, and I hope it stays that
way...BUT, because it hasn't been an issue for YOU, doesn't mean it won't be
for someone else, now, or in the future.

The original question was mine, and it was a perfectly legitimate question,
given what I have heard about people having Allen wrenches take away from
them.  The device CAN be construed as a weapon, and you can't "non-issue"
that from not being true.  It's perfectly appropriate to discuss what might
happen if this comes up, and in fact, some good advice has been given as to
what one can do to prepare for, what I believe someday for someone, is more
likely than not inevitable.

Austin

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re; Flying with a Rapid Winder)