Subject: RE: [Leica] Traveling by air with RabidWinder?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:51:27 -0500

> Perhaps when enough photo equipment is stolen
> from checked
> bags the insurance companies will have the political influence to demand
> this.

Er, WHAT insurance companies?  Not the airlines...they deny ANY AND ALL
responsibility if you get something stolen.  How do you prove it was there
in the first place?  The ONLY protection you had WAS to be able to lock your
check-in bags.

And...what good does insurance do if you needed the gear then and there?

I think keeping with you as carry-on, what you NEED to make sure gets there,
is paramount, and carrying really a minimum of gear as well.  I like the
idea of making sure to bring the original baseplate, that is a great
suggestion.

Another thing that I believe would help quite a bit is if the "trigger" were
black, instead of chrome...it would draw less attention to it.

Austin

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Traveling by air with RabidWinder?)