Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:12:16 -0500

Kit,

> Again, a misunderstanding of what "gray market" means.

Not by me, I know EXACTLY what gray market means...

> Buying in
> the U.S. a
> product that was not intended to be imported into the U.S. with the
> assumption that it is a U.S. product.

Assuming it is a US product has no bearing on whether it's gray or not.
Most gray market is sold with the full knowledge it IS gray.

> --however, you do have to realize that if you do buy
> outside the U.S.,
> you will be subject to the terms of the international, not the U.S.,
> warranty.

Of course.

> If
> they require repair, either you or Leica USA will forward them off to
> Germany.

And...I believe that is entirely wrong, unless the repair is "exceptional",
as is with the Tri-Elmar.

Austin