Subject: RE: [Leica] Tri Elmar Repair
From: "Kit McChesney | Acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:24:54 -0700

Again, a misunderstanding of what "gray market" means. Buying in the U.S. a
product that was not intended to be imported into the U.S. with the
assumption that it is a U.S. product. Buying outside the country isn't gray
market--however, you do have to realize that if you do buy outside the U.S.,
you will be subject to the terms of the international, not the U.S.,
warranty. Simply stated, U.S. products are U.S. warrantied by Leica USA. If
they require repair, either you or Leica USA will forward them off to
Germany.

KM