Subject: [Leica] the 1.4x converter and 2.8 lenses
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:35:19 -0500

- -- Hi Folks-
    I have used the 1.4 APO with both the f/4.0 and F/2.8, and it is
fantastic on both. It was designed, as it states on the barrel, for 2.8
teles, but I agree with Kevin that it is superb on the 280 F/4.0. Also, I've
used it on all the modular lenses with great results. In effect, if it fits,
use it! If not, try the 30mm tube between the lens and extender (you loose
infinity focus though) and try it for close work!
Have Fun!
Ed