Subject: Re: [Leica] (way off topic and overly opinionated) Apple for a died in the wool Windows guy
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:44:50 -0800

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 12:52  AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> [snipped some good information about why wintel is still a natural
> choice for most]
>
> (3) and most importantly: despite all I hear about how compatible
> Apple-based MS Office can be with the larger Windows world, my
> experience says otherwise. Every time I have received a document made
> on an Apple from someone, it does not work *exactly* the same way on
> the PC. Sure, it opens and looks more or less OK, but there is always
> some problem with formatting that does not translate right etc. And
> since I need to share the documents I create at home with people who
> use almost exclusively Windows, I have to be sure that they see what I
> send them. And that would simply not the case if I had an Apple.

As they say, resistance is futile, we will all be assimilated :-)
Thankfully Canon (or Nikon, or Minolta) has not dominated the imaging
world with some proprietary standard that forces us all to conform to
their vision of photography! We may not have much freedom of choice in
personal computing, but there is still a place for the energetic
nonconformist ;-)

- - marc