Subject: [Leica] Travels to Bangkok and Laos
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:26:01 +0800

Hi Luggers,
My wife and I are spending the Chinese New Year holidays in Bangkok
arriving there Saturday Jan 25 and staying at the JW Marriott for six
days before departing for an overland trip to Laos for one week. If
any Bangkok luggers would like to get together to stack Leicas and
have a drink / meal please contact me off line. If there are any
Laotian Luggers please contact me as well, I would be delighted to
meet you. One of the delights of the LUG is the opportunity to meet
Luggers all over the world - we are, I have found, an even more
interesting bunch in person!
cheers,
Howard Cummer
Hong Kong
PS: Oh yes, I am agonizing for what equipment to take and whether or
not to rely on the Canon D60 with a mix of Leica R and Canon lenses.
I am leaning toward Leica M's for portability and (relative) lack of
battery dependence. Also, the thought of having to lug a laptop, and
connectors to download images onto every day is not appealing.