Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions/comments on 135/3.4 APO Telyt M lense...
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:26:58 -0500

On 1/18/03 1:02 PM, "Sebastian Green" <leicafan2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It was NOT my intention, but I quote from the Usenet
> Faq:
>
> "Yes, but what does it *mean*?
>
> Aah, now *there's* the real question.
>
> In case your head has been buried in the sand for the
> last sixty years or so, the Nazis were a German
> political party lead by Adolf Hitler that slaughtered
> upwards of ten-million people that didn't meet their
> standards of "ethnic purity" and set off to conquer
> Europe and the world in World War II.  They are
> generally considered the most evil group of
> people to live in modern times, except that they came
> home and made cameras that have been worshipped as a
> near cult ever since."

I believe the original poster's intent was too extol the virtues of German
craftsmanship, especially during the early and middle portions of the last
century.  Difficult to argue with that, I should think. I don't recall
Nazis, Hitler or the Third Reich being part of his statement.

This stuff's gotta be flame bait.....

Michael Cahill
Mt. Laurel, NJ  08054

www.michaelcahill.com