Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Product Quality??
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:59:02 -0500

On 1/18/03 10:15 AM, "John Collier" <jbcollier@shaw.ca> wrote:

> No problems here either with any of my new equipment except the
> occasional operator induced knock. Passport paid for the vertical
> alignment each time even though it was my daughter's butter fingers
> that were the trouble.
>
> My used equipment has generally required one CLA just after purchase
> with no troubles after that. The only exception being an M4-2 which
> required multiple visits before finally being sorted out.
>
> John Collier
>
> On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 11:28 PM, Greg J. Lorenzo wrote:
>
>> Am I very much an exception and all alone in this regards or are there
>> other list members who have not had such problems?
>
> --

I have to say that I've had more trouble with R equipment than M.  I had a
new 19mm ROM lens that I finally dubbed "the lens from hell".  Sent it back
three times, then sold it.  Same with the early R8 I had.  No trouble with M
equipment save for the loose aperture ring on the new 3E.  I just came back
from the beach shooting with the new 135 3.5. I can't say I find anything
wrong with the build quality, it's superb.

My 2¢ worth.
Michael Cahill
Mt. Laurel, NJ  08054

www.michaelcahill.com