Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:European technology
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:52:05 -0700

It is an expensive way to get power to the ground but it was the best
way for high powered cars for many years until the geometry of fully
independent suspension and chassis stiffness were developed properly.
Many early independent suspensions had chameleon like handling
characteristics that had nasty habits of biting the hand that powered
them in difficult situations. I am not talking about the Porsche's
famous power off oversteer, hell that is just fun.

John Collier